Athletes To Watch

Winter coaches are preparing for the upcoming season. Take a look at the athletes to watch.

wrestling-picture-1“This upcoming wrestling season we will return many starters from last season. With a large influx this year from our youth program we look to have a successful season.  The teams schedule is one for the toughest in the state traveling to New York, Connecticut and Eastern Massachusetts on a weekly basis to see some of the strongest competition around.  This is why the team is consistently ranked in the top 25 of Massachusetts annually.”

-Coach Kendziera, Boys Wrestling

Girls Swimming- Lauren Kenney 

“This sophomore is the only Western Mass and State individual qualifier returning this year. She took to the shortened high school season well. Now, with a year of experience, she will have a better idea of what to expect and build on her strong performances from last year.”

• Coach Brian Cote, Girls Swimming

Boys Swimming- Zack Kressler

Zack Kressler
BILL RALPH ACE PHOTOGRAPHER

“This senior heads into his final year finally out of the shadow of last years’ large senior class. Zack has been a Western Mass and State qualifier throughout his entire high school career. He should be a strong competitor in IM, Fly, and Breaststroke events.”

• Coach Brian Cote

Boys Basketball- Sharown Fowler

“Sharown is a senior and has been with the varsity team now for his third season. Sharown has been a young man that has worked hard to be the player he is. Sharown can do all things well, shoot, pass, dribble and rebound. We look forward to his leadership, scoring, defense, and rebounding.”

• Coach Joel Aponte, Boys Basketball

Girls Indoor Track- Jessica Weissman

“Jessica is a part of our 4x200m  school record relay team . She also is a multi event student athlete, competing in the 55m dash , High Jump,and 4x200m relay team. Jessica has qualified in her events at the state level the past few years. She excels in the classroom as well, bringing a true meaning to the term student-athlete. Jessica works hard in practice everyday and strives to improves on her basic techniques and brings a championship attitude each and everyday. She displays great sportsmanship by encouraging and cheering on her teammates during our meets. Jessica is also a member of the Varsity Field Hockey Team and Outdoor Track/Field team.”

• Coach Matthew Griffin, Girls Indoor Track

sam-ansart

Varsity Cheerleading- Samantha Ansart

“Sam is a new addition to the WSHS Varsity cheer team. She is an asset to the program and we are excited to have her! Sam has been a cheerleader for many years but decided to join the High School team this year. Her stunting ability is well rounded; one minute she is a base and the next she is flying! She has surpassed the basic tumbling skills and is already working towards a very high level skill; a full! Sam’s ability to retain new skills and material is incredible. She will go far and we are all so excited to watch her grow!”

• Coach Nicole Palange, Varsity Cheerleading