New Album Releases In 2018

Samantha Grunden, Opinions Editor

Gucci mane – El Gato the Human Glacier

Gucci Mane is a rapper who has been making music since 2005. His newest album El Gato the Human Glacier came out December 22nd to kick off 2018. Many know that Gucci Mane was in jail from 2014 to 2016, yet his fan base still thrives. His fans loved his collaboration with Migos in April of 2017 when the production of “I Get the Bag” came out. El Gato has a darker vibe with songs like “El Gato’s Revenge” but definitely does not disappoint.

Black Veil Brides – Vale

BVB is a heavy metal band that formed in 2006. Many know the group for their songs “Knives and Pens” and “In the End”. Their new album Vale was released January 12th but had two songs dropped earlier, titled “My Vow” and “The Outsider”. The majority of their fans seem pleased and are ecstatic to find out that BVB will be touring after the release of their album. Black Veil Brides frontman Andy Biersack stated,”We cannot wait for the BVB army to hear Vale in its entirety.”

Camila Cabelllo – Camila

Cabello, a former bandmate of the group Fifth Harmony, went solo in December of 2016.  Fifth Harmony is a girl group who came in third place on the second season of The X Factor in 2012. When Cabello left the band, some expected that she wanted to show off her skills on her own. Since becoming a single artist, Cabello has released two songs that reached the top 20 of Billboard’s Hot 100. Cabello’s single Havana reaching number four.  Her new pop style album Camilla was released January 12th.

Fall Out Boy- MANIA

Releasing four songs of the album so far, Fall Out Boy has caused a split in their fan base. Fall Out Boy is popular rock band consisting of band members Patrick Stump, Pete Wentz, Joe Trohman and Andy Hurley. Some of Fall Out Boy’s following want the rock style like their past seven albums, whereas others enjoy their new pop/punk music. “It feels like every once in awhile, you’ve gotta do a hard restart that clears the cache and erases the hard drive. I think that’s what [Mania] was – a big palette cleanse,” said Pete Wentz in an interview with Rolling Stone. Their new album Mania releases January 19th.

Justin Timberlake- Man of the Woods

Timberlake’s fifth studio album Man of the Woods will be released February 2nd of 2018. The albums first early release was put out on January 5th, titled “Filthy”. The album will have a South American music vibe but will also be “modern”.  The Rolling Stone magazine reported that the album would feature a collaboration with singer Chris Stapleton. Timberlake and Stapleton collaborated in a live performance for the 2015 CMA Awards. Many of Timberlake’s fans are excited for the change from his previously pop albums. “This album is really inspired by my son, my wife, my family, but more so than any album I’ve ever written, where I’m from. And it’s personal,” Timberlake says in a video released announcing the album.

• New Album Releases In 2018

Arts & Entertainment

Sophomore is The Voice of Teen Band Vague Rendition

• New Album Releases In 2018

Arts & Entertainment

Drama Club Prepares for a Comedy You Don’t Want to Miss

• New Album Releases In 2018

Arts & Entertainment

Most Popular Slang Terms of Summer ’18

• New Album Releases In 2018

Arts & Entertainment

Senior Drama Club Members Take a Final Bow at West Side Story

• New Album Releases In 2018

Reviews

Band Makes Triumphant Return With New Sound

• New Album Releases In 2018

Arts & Entertainment

West Side Promposals 2018

• New Album Releases In 2018

Arts & Entertainment

Fine Arts Festival

• New Album Releases In 2018

Arts & Entertainment

Music With A Message

• New Album Releases In 2018

Arts & Entertainment

Welcome to Wakanda

• Arts & Entertainment

Summer Concerts to See

New Album Releases In 2018