Fall 2021 Opinions Survey Responses

What are you enjoying the most about the 2021-22 school year? Why?

“I love keeping myself busy. I go to school, then work, and if not work then I hang out with friends or do homework, so I like that it’s giving me stuff to do.”- Liliya Derevyanchuk, junior

“Now that my class is graduating this year, all of the school events feel important because it would be the last one that we all spend together. If there is an event that I hadn’t done in previous years, I would most likely go to it because it’s my last chance to experience it.” -Julianna Hoague, senior

“I enjoy being able to see everyone and not having to do EVERYTHING on the chrome book anymore. I also enjoy being able to eat in the cafeteria/outside.” – Jeeya Patel, sophomore

“Sports. It’s good to be back to playing and watching sports. That’s a big thing in a students high school experience.”- Jovanny DeJesus, junior

How has the pandemic impacted your work ethic?

“I think it has made me see the world differently and in turn I find myself in a deeper thought when responding to different questions, and I find I am trying harder.” -Brendan Moore, sophomore

“It has made me think about the importance of school and how it doesn’t, as of now, really affect my everyday life and I feel that sometimes that is why I really have to push myself to complete school work.” -Sophia Frisbie, junior

“It’s definitely impacted the way I take my work seriously because during the pandemic I tended to slack off and say I could do it later.” -Sherlyn Aguilar, junior

Does the age in which parents have a child have an impact on how the child is raised? If not, why? If so, how and why?

“It depends on the parents values and attitude on how the kid is raised, not their age. Age only becomes a factor when you are not responsible enough to care for a child properly.” -Abigail Rafuse, junior

“The age you have a child does not matter in the long run but it might be more difficult to raise a child when you’re younger, because you’re less financially stable and wouldn’t have the time to care for the child.” – Jacob Thibodeau junior

“It can be, because it can say a lot about parents. Not to mention it is harder to support a child when you are still young and just starting life. You haven’t experience most of what society going to hit you with so it will be hard to raise a child.”- Tun Lin Naine, senior

“Yes. The generation that a parent grew up in will greatly impact their parenting techniques and ideas as many of those will stem from what occurred when they were being raised.” -Kiran Sharma, senior

“I believe it does. If a teenager has a child and they’re working a full time minimum wage job it’s going to be much harder for them to raise a child if they had a job with flexible hours and sustainable pay. Obviously maturity would also affect the raising of the child. What a 30-year-old might see as acceptable might be radically different than what that same 30-year-old would see as acceptable when they were 16.” -Asa Landers-Standley, junior

Should people with different political views talk to each other about them? Why or why not?

“Yes, because it is important to voice your opinion and listen to others about their own,” Logan Aubin, sophomore

“I stay away from politics for that reason, I think people get too carried away with who’s right and wrong. I think it is important to see both sides, but the anger that comes up with politics makes it better to stay in-opinionated and not worth getting involved.” -Ian Gallacher, sophomore

“I think they should talk to one another. Although they may have differing views, I think it is necessary to listen.” -Emily Phillips, senior

“Yes, because it’s interesting to see how much a person’s own life experiences can shape their political views. Also, maybe you have the idea that ‘all Democrats are pro-choice’ or ‘all Republicans carry guns’ and you can talk to someone and realize that we are all more than our stereotypes and you shouldn’t disregard a whole person because of one political view. -Mrs. Switzer, Italian Teacher

“Yes, because it’s good to debate and get insight on different views. That matures the way that you think, and it helps you understand why someone thinks something different than what you have set in your head. And when you understand what they’re saying, you can separate the root of your differences.” -Madison Moore, junior

“I personally do not like the divide of Republicans and Democrats, sometimes there are civil debates, sometimes it’s just insults and prejudice. A good debate is important and fully acceptable, but just insults and prejudice are not.” -Mark Taganov, junior

Which of your rights do you feel is the most important to you and why?

“All of them, our rights were given and fought for us for a reason. There wouldn’t be all this history just to teach. They were sick of being overruled and not having a voice so they fixed it with war to better generations ahead of them, including us. All of our rights matter.” – Alex Cunningham, senior

“The right to be free as a person. It’s the basic foundation on what makes America the place it is today.”- Alex Aller, junior

“The freedom of speech. I am allowed to speak how I feel, my morals, and my beliefs with no repercussions.” – Charles Somers, senior

“I think our right to a free and fair trial by a jury is most important. I say this because I think it is a must as if anyone is accused of a crime we should at least have a chance to prove our innocence.” – Matthew Cove, sophomore

“The right to walk around without a mask because I would like to stop breathing in extra carbon and start breathing oxygen.” -Brigette LaValley, senior