Coolest Jobs In The World

Kytiana Thompson, News Editor

Your job is how you make money, and what you wake up and do each day. You’ve probably heard the saying, “do what makes you happy, and you’ll never work a day in your life.” Well, there are a few people out there who have been able to do just that.  Maybe you too can find something fun and interesting so you never have to work a day in your life. Here are some jobs that might inspire you to do just that!

Water Slide Tester

Water slide at Volcano Bay in Orlando Florida

If you’re someone who likes swimming and the water then maybe a Water Slide Tester is the job for you! Being a water slide tester is fun but you have to not only test if the slide is enjoyable but also how safe it is. If you are a water slide tester for a hotel chain or large travel company, then you would get to travel a lot flying from hotel to hotel to test out their slides. You would need to check for safety hazards and report them to management, identify the age restriction, and check the speed, distance, height, and time for the ride, along with many other things. The money is a big part of choosing a job, the salary of a water slide tester could be as high as $102,000 and as low as $19,500 per year. What do you need in order to work as a water slide tester? Well here’s some more good news, you don’t need any type of degree! You do need to be 18 years of age or older and have good swimming skills. This job requires someone who is enthusiastic, courageous, and has exceptional perception. You would also need to maintain a strong physique.

Professional Sleeper

Now for everyone who could sleep all day, imagine you can and get paid for it. Become a professional sleeper. Yes, it is in fact a real job. Now the job is not just sleeping, often you are testing out the quality sleep-related products or you are participating in a scientific study having to do with sleep analysis. As a professional sleeper, you might have to test out mattresses, pillows and other products, write reports on your feelings and comfort level, take sleeping aids for medical trials. Everybody can sleep but not everybody can become a professional sleeper, in order to be a professor sleeper there are certain skills that one will need in order to be successful. These qualities are having the ability to sleep in new surroundings, being able to sleep with wire attached

Private Island Caretaker

The Brando Tetiaroa Private Island in French Polynesia

Do you love to travel? Would you love to live on an island rent-free for six months? You will be able to do all of that and more as a private island caretaker. You would take care of the island when the owners of the property are absent. Your duties many vary but some jobs that you could be doing are feeding fish, looking after a house, diving, or blogging. Other responsibilities that you could have are taking care of plants and animals, protecting the house, cleaning and removing garbage, paying bills, settling tourists and more. Now those things sound great but in order to be a private island caretaker you have to have handyman or plumber skills, gardener skills, driving skills, the ability to work independently of the employer and on a flexible schedule, the ability to work with limited resources, stress resistance and hobbies (needed to relax during a long stay alone, desire to work in the fresh air, first aid and care skills, good physical shape and ability to swim (often), friendliness and sociability, language skills (English and sometimes local language), and no criminal record.These skills are not always required and some employers might require you to know more skills then the ones listed here. As a private island caretaker, your average annual salary could be as high as $108,000 and as low as $14,500. 

Food Stylist

Food Stylist Joy Howard in Yankee Magazine

Does anyone out there love art? How about food? Well as a food stylist you can combine the two. Now in order to become a food stylist, you do not need any specific degrees but many people start off their careers with a Bachelor’s Degree inCulinary Arts and take courses and attend seminars that help them learn tricks and techniques of food styling and photography. Getting a job as a assistant food stylist is a great way to get into the industry and learn. As a food stylist you can be doing food showcases for photography, video or film. Your job would be to make food look appealing for cookbooks, magazines, advertisements, and menus. You will more often than not work with chefs, editors, assistants, and photographers. As an food stylists you would be in charge of shopping for, prepping, and cooking the dishes for the whole shoot. The average salary of an food stylist in Boston, MA is anywhere between $64K-$96K per year.

These are just some of the many jobs that you could have. There are so many jobs in the world, so there is bound to be one that involves things you are interested in. After reading this article if you still have not seen a job that you can see yourself doing, maybe you should take a career test. One great website for this is CareerExplorer.com. Everyone wants a job they are going to love, and maybe CareerExplorar.com can help you find that.